Category Archives: F1 2014

F1 2014 season review by Pedro Cunha

As we all know this championship was predicted to have three issues: the reliability, the design of the cars and the strange sound of the engines. Reliability turned out to be not the main issue. All the drivers had problems, but this is something that has always happened and always will in motor sport. As […]

Continue reading →
Post Tagged with , ,

Race review of the Abu Dhabi GP by Pedro Cunha

Much has been said about double points in the last race of the season (it seems that it was the 1st and last time such a system has been used), but turned out to have no influence on the 2nd title for Lewis Hamilton. Right at the start Hamilton reached 1st place and Rosberg would […]

Continue reading →
Post Tagged with , , , ,

Hamilton vs Rosberg race build-up

Hello guys before I start this post I want to apologise for not posting recently – I’ve had to commit to my A-Levels which have been tough. What did you make of qualifying? Nico Rosberg on pole, Lewis Hamilton second. If the order is in the same fashion tomorrow we’ll see our first British champion […]

Continue reading →
Post Tagged with , , , ,

Race review of the Brazilian GP by Pedro Cunha

In Brazil, once again no Marussia and no Caterham, but another “one and two” for Mercedes (11th this season, and fourth in a row), this time with Rosberg ahead of Hamilton. In yet another well-contested race, Massa came 3rd (his teammate Bottas was 10th), Button 4th (Magnussen ranked 9th), Vettel 5th, followed by the Ferraris […]

Continue reading →
Post Tagged with , , , ,

USA GP Review by Pedro Cunha

Caterham and Marussia, due to severe financial problems, were out of the American GP, and although Mr Ecclestone says that he isn´t worried, I guess that he should be, as we all know that other teams are facing huge problems… Only nine teams on track (the last race with nine teams, took place in 2005, […]

Continue reading →
Post Tagged with , ,

Race Review of the Russian GP by Pedro Cunha

A week after the troubled Japanese GP, F1 made its debut in Russia. With only 21 cars at the start, as the Marussia Team decided not to replace Bianchi as a sign of respect. Mercedes with its 9th “one-two” of the season claimed their 1st Constructors championship, whilst Hamilton with his 9th win of the […]

Continue reading →
Post Tagged with , , , ,

Race review of the Japanese GP by Pedro Cunha

20 years after a painful weekend, where Ratzenberger and Senna lost their lives, the misfortune has returned to F1, on lap 43 of the Japanese GP. On the day that the former driver Andrea de Cesaris died being the victim of a motorcycle accident, Jules Bianchi also smashed into the vehicle that was recovering the […]

Continue reading →
Post Tagged with , , ,

Race Review of the Singapore GP by Pedro Cunha

I confess that I love this GP at “Marina Bay Street Circuit” in Singapore, a night race that ends with fireworks! This year, the evening went to Hamilton with his 7th win of the season, which moved him to the front of the world championship. Rosberg had problems before the warm up lap and started […]

Continue reading →
Post Tagged with , , ,

Race review of the Italian GP by Pedro Cunha

On the “mythical” circuit of Monza, Italy (built in 1922) Mercedes got its 7th “one – two” of the season. Things did not begin well for Hamilton, who immediately fell from 1st to 4th, due to problems in the energy recovery system (ERS). However, he quickly recovered into 2nd and went to the front in […]

Continue reading →
Post Tagged with , , ,

F1 review of the Belgian GP by Pedro Cunha

There were two new drivers in Belgium, Alexander Rossi (he only drove in FP1 – Rossi is the first American driver in F1 since Scott Speed ​​in 2007) and André Lotterer (the German was a test driver for Jaguar in 2002) for the whole weekend. He started 21st on the grid and retired with mechanical […]

Continue reading →
Post Tagged with , , ,